Grants and Study Funds
Click HERE for a printable version and application of the Whidbey Weavers Guild 2018-2019 Memorial Grant Application
The Memorial Grant provides funds for an annual award of one or more grants. For the 2018-2019 year, the award is for a total of $500. The purpose of the grant(s) is to help finance a project designed to contribute to the recipient’s growth and personal knowledge in the fiber arts. Examples of previous projects are rebuilding a loom, translation of a Swedish braiding manuscript, Extensive Dye Study, Fiber Arts for Youth and Study of Embroidery Techniques, and attendance at Convergence.
• Applicants must have been an active member of the Guild for at least one year.
• Applicant must share the results of the project with the Guild by a display of the work produced, via an oral report within one year.
• After receiving this grant, the recipient is not eligible to apply for five (5) years.
• Applications must be submitted by the April 4, 2019 Guild meeting.
• The project must be completed and reported on by June 2020
• If the project is not completed and report made, the money must be returned to the Guild.
Applications Guidelines: Page One: Name, address, telephone number, e-mail, and title of project. Page Two: Describe in detail the proposed project.
• What will you do?
• What is your time line?
• Will you attend classes, workshops, or a conference?
• Will you do individual study? If so, what resources will you use?
• Include an itemized account of how the grant money will be used
• Give a brief plan of how and when you will share your results with the Guild
Selection is made anonymously by a qualified non-WWG juror on the basis of:
• Merit of the project
• Contribution to the applicant’s technical and aesthetic development and knowledge
• Commitment of the applicant
• Benefit to the Whidbey Weavers Guild
Award(s) will be announced at the June 2019 Guild meeting.
If submitted by email, submit page 1 and subsequent pages as 2 separate attachments. Please return your application to:
Kate Lange-McKibben-Chair, Nancy Baggott, Margaret Nichols, Sally Starnes or Paula Willstatter.
Click HERE for a printable version and application of the
Whidbey Weavers Guild Application for Study Funds 2018-2019
The Whidbey Weavers Guild has study funds of $50 per day for use by members to use towards tuition in a workshop offered by:
• The Whidbey Weavers Guild
• Pacific Northwest Art School
• Association of Northwest Weavers’ Guilds (ANWG)
• Other venue
The funds are available to members for study during the Guild year. The last date for application is June 2019 WWG meeting or as long as funds remains.
• Recipient agrees to share the results of the study with the Guild within eight (8) months of completion of the study.
• Recipient is not eligible for funds again for two (2) years from the date of the study.
• In the event the class or workshop is cancelled, recipient may request permission to enroll in another event of similar interest and benefit, during the same Guild year.
• Funds not used as requested must be returned by September 15, 2019